Private rental landlords could access home upgrade grants funding to improve the energy efficiency of their properties, helping to lower their tenants’ energy bills, while also making their properties more desirable to rent. Landlords will have to pay a contribution of at least one third of the costs.
Home Upgrade Grants Phase 2 (HUG2) is currently running until the end of March 2025.
- Tenants must either be in receipt of means tested benefits or have a gross household income of less than £31,000 per year.
- The main heating fuel must be electricity, LPG or Solid Fuel.
- The property’s EPC rating must be D or E (or F and G if registered for MEES exemption)
Examples of the energy efficiency upgrades the scheme can provide are:
- Solid wall insulation (external or internal)
- Loft and cavity wall insulation
- Underfloor insulation
- Air source heat pumps
- Solar PV panels
- High heat retention storage heaters
- Smart heating controls
Applications can be made directly to E.ON who are delivering the scheme on behalf of the council. Phone: 0333 202 4820 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm) or visit the E.ON website for further information.