Privacy Notice – DASH Landlord Accreditation based at Derby City Council
Who we are?
DASH Sevices and DASH landlord Accreditation is hosted by Derby City Council which is the local government unitary authority for the Derby city area.
Derby City Council
Derby, DE1 2FS
Contact details for our corporate Data Protection Officer are; 01332 643318 or
Contact details for our deputy Data Protection Officer are; 01332 643617
DASH landlord Accreditation is hosted by Derby City Council
Who will my information be shared with?
The information you provide to when you sign up to the accreditation scheme will be shared between the scheme operator, who will use the information to administer the scheme, to provide training for landlords, be the central point of contact for the scheme and carry out inspections as required. It also may be shared with one or more of the 40 East Midlands Local Housing Authorities, other statorty servcies and educuational establishments (if applicable) for the purpose of providing information about proposed and current accredited landlords.
The information will only be shared for the purposes of ensuring the landlord is suitable for acceptance onto the accreditation scheme and to remain in the scheme, and in order that the Local Authority may inspect the landlords’ properties.
How long will my data be retained for?
Any information provided and collected relating to you and your properties will be held for as long as you continue to be a member of the DASH Landlord Accreditation Scheme. If you are unsuccessful in becoming accredited but intend to apply again and you wish for your information to remain with the scheme, then the scheme operator will retain this information.
We will only process and share the personal data you provide as stated in this notice if you agree to and consent to your information being shared in this way by ticking the box at application stage. If you provide your consent but later change your mind and wish your data to be removed from our systems then please contact the team on 01332 641111 and we will stop processing your data and remove you from DASH Landlord Accreditation.
In addition you have a number of other rights in relation to your data which are:
- Access – you can request copies of any personal data held by the Council about you, this is known as a subject access request
- Erasure – you have the right to have your data removed or deleted unless we have a specific legitimate legal basis to keep it
- Data transfer – You have the right to request your data to be provided to in a structured format so that you can easily move your data from one IT environment to another
- Restrict processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict processing your data in certain circumstances
- Object – you have the right to object to your data being processed unless we can show legitimate grounds for continuing the processing
Comments and concerns about Data Protection should be raised in the first instance with tehscheme manager on 01332 641111 or the individuals named at the top of the page. However, the Information Commissioner oversees how organisations like Derby City Council manages your data and you can, if you wish, raise a complaint with them at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/