Who Should Attend?
Local Authority private sector housing enforcement staff, who ideally will have attended an HHSRS Inspections and Assessments course and an HHSRS Enforcement course. Social Housing and Private Landlords who wish to understand the appeals procedure following enforcement action under the Housing Act 2004.
Aim of the course
The course will assist delegates to:
- Understand local housing authority duties and powers in respect of enforcement action after HHSRS assessment
- Appreciate the procedural requirements with notices and orders and the factors likely to make them open to challenge
- Determine the most appropriate course of action and prepare a statement of reasons with particular regard to the requirements of the RPTS
- Understand the respective obligations of officers and property owners when preparing for an appeal
- Understand how to respond to requests from the RPTS for information
- Understand the procedures of the Residential Property Tribunal and how an oral hearing will be conducted
- Appreciate the factors the Residential Property Tribunal will take into account in reaching a decision and understand how decisions are given and recorded
- Be aware of relevant options and resources for further learning
DASH Member: £145 per delegate Non-member: £195 per delegate
This includes certification, all course materials for the day and all refreshments.
Group rates for a minimum of 10 delegates or an in-house course can be negotiated.
For further information to register your interest in this course then contact Fiona England at DASH Training on 01332 641111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org