A half day course is aimed at Officers who may be considering the use of Compulsory Purchase Powers in practice, but have very limited experience of the subject.
Suitable delegates would include Private Sector Housing Officer or EHO's involved in private sector housing renewal, housing led regeneration and empty property schemes.
About the course
The course will enable delegates to:
- Understand the principle pieces of legislation and guidance relating to the Compulsory Purchase of Land for housing purposes.
- Appreciate changes to the CPO system following the introduction of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
- Understand the process involved in preparing and submitting an Order.
- Gain an appreciation of potential pitfalls.
- Understand process for making an Order and what to do if a public inquiry is called.
- Understand the inquiry process and the alternatives
- Obtain an appreciation of the powers available to acquire land in particular the use of general vesting declarations or notice to treat
- Gather an appreciation of issues relating to compensation and rehousing people displaced by CPO intervention
- Financing a CPO – what are the costs and how can they be met?
Course Fee £65 per delegate - This includes the certification of professional development, course packs for delegates to retain and all refreshments.
Group rates for a minimum of 10 delegates or an in-house course can be negotiated.
You can register your interest to attend this training course by calling Fiona England on 01332 641111 or email email@example.com