This course is ideal for Local Authority private sector housing staff who have newly entered the world of Enforcement, or for those who want to be aware of the legal framework. Delegates should already be fully competent in inspections and assessment through the housing health and safety rating system.
There are practical exercises to illustrate and reinforce the taught sessions with a course manual which gives extensive additional notes including information on the decisions discussed in the sessions.
Through this course delegates will:
- Understand the powers and duties available to local authority officers considering taking enforcement action after the HHSRS assessment
- Appreciate the context of HHSRS enforcement
- Determine the most appropriate course of action and prepare a statement of reasons for the action
- Understand the respective obligations of officers and property owners
- Understand how to proceed with emergency action
- Understand the role of the Residential Property Tribunal
- Identify areas where issues of consistency of use of powers are likely to arise
- Be aware of relevant options and resources for further learning
Course Fee: £145 members £195 non-members
Group rates for a minimum of 10 delegates or an in-house course can be negotiated.
Delegates will be issued with Continuing Professional Development certificates confirming their attendance on the course.
Next Course: 8 February 2017 Kirklees Customer Services Centre
Register your place or find out about a course for your team by calling Fiona England on 01332 641111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org